How does it work
Whenever you can't answer calls your Call Minder will - callers can listen to your greeting and leave a message in your mailbox.
Using Call Minder is easy - simply listen to the voice prompts and follow the instructions by pressing the keys on your phone. If you're not sure of what to do next, wait for the menu to replay. If you'd like help, press 0 at any time.
General points about Call Minder
- Your mailbox is where your messages are kept. New, unsaved messages are held for 365 days before being automatically deleted. You will receive reminders to resave or delete messages every 30 days. Your mailbox can hold up to approximately 1000 messages of 40 seconds length.
- Your mailbox number is your area code without the initial zero followed by your phone number, e.g. if your phone number was 041234567 your mailbox number is 41234567
- Your PIN is your personal identification number
- Before you can access messages, you must set up your mailbox, eg record a personal greeting and PIN
- An interrupted dial tone (a series of fast beeps) when you pick up the phone means you have a new message
How to set the number of rings before Call Minder answers
Call Minder answers after seven rings if you don't change the setting. Depending on how Call Minder is set up (see notes below) you may be able to choose the number of times your phone will ring (between 0 and 9 rings) before Call Minder answers.
If you select 0, Call Minder will answer your calls immediately, and you won't even hear the phone ring. If you don't wish Call Minder to answer your calls at all, select # and your phone will ring until you answer or until your caller hangs up.
To set the number of rings from the main menu:
- Press 3 for 'personal options'
- Press 3 for 'message waiting notifications, ringing options or Call Forward'
- Press 1 to choose the number of rings
- Follow the voice prompts
If you have chosen an 0832 XXXXX mailbox number, you cannot change the number of rings using your mailbox menu.
If you have a PABX and want to divert your phone to your mailbox, please refer to your PABX user guide.